I purchased my laptop about a year ago. It was actually last november to be exact. At the time of purchase I could boot my laptop up in about thirty to forty seconds with no problems. Over the months, I've added software for my printer and a load of other programs like Norton AntiVirus, AIM, iTunes, etc. Even after adding all of those programs my computer still booted pretty fast, at a rate of about one minute per bootup. At the beginning of the school year I had to add some more software for my new printer. It now takes my PC, with Vista, almost three minutes to fully load. Like many other consumers, I think three minutes is just a little too long. Thankfully, so do a lot of computer companies who are getting ready to start campaigns to reduce booting time.
Marketing the impatience of the average consumer is brillant! I would love to have a computer that could boot up in about 15 seconds. Then there would be no awkward waiting time while I'm in the library. Dell, Lenovo, and Hewlett-Packard are all working on computer models with quick start up times and Microsoft is promising to make improvements to the amount of boot up time needed to start their software. Hopefully, something will come to fruition soon. It disturbes me that I can open my cell phone and send a text message in less than ten seconds, but for some reason I have to wait almost three mintues for my computer to load.
You can find the article I read here, if you would like to read more.
No comments:
Post a Comment